The San Antonio Metropolitan Health District's scoring of food establishments is based on a 100-point demerit system.
The inspection reports, which establishments are required to post in public view, feature a number score at the top and bottom of the front page. A separate placard with the number score and a letter grade (example: 100/A) is also available upon request from the food establishment. Posting the placard is voluntary.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
- Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores.
Here are the latest scores:
- Chuy's Mexican Food, 8438 State Hwy. 151, 100
- Rod Dog's, 2617 Wagon Wheel St., 100
- Cancun Seafood Restaurant, 2305 Roosevelt Ave., 99
- Anchor Bar, 4553 N. FM 1604 West, 97
- Cold Stone Creamery, 1750 N. FM 1604 East, 97
- Los Compadres Mexican & Seafood, 7546 Marbach Rd., 97
- Sushi Zushi, 999 E. Basse, 97
- Texas Roadhouse, 2893 Cinema Ridge, 97
- Hanzo, 7701 Broadway, 96
- Papagayos Mexican Restaurant, 2470 Harry Wurzbach, 95
- Stone Werks Grille, 999 E. Basse, 95
- Gadi Food Mart, 1305 Roosevelt Ave., 91
- Mimi's Café, 17315 IH 10 West, 89
- Taqueria Jalisciense, 1604 Pleasanton Rd., 89
- El Taco Mexicano, 3603 SW Military Dr., 83
- Koi Kawa Japanese Restaurant, 4051 Broadway, 80
- Dimassis, 4841 Fredericksburg, 78
- Mi Parrillada Mexican Food, 5906 S. Flores St., 78
- Eva's Mexican Restaurant, 5103 Commerce St., 77
- Birrieria Estilo Jalisco, 13327 Nacogdoches Rd., 76
- Taco Café Express, 6506 S. Zarzamora St., 75
- Kings Palace Chinese Restaurant, 3304 Broadway, 74
- Tacos-N-Salsa, 5123 N. FM 1604 West, 74
- El Rodeo Mexican Restaurant, 319 S. W.W. White Rd., 72
- 24th Street Pizzeria, 901 NW 24th St., 70
- Chile Tomate y Cebolla Mexican Restaurant, 1009 Donaldson Ave., 69
- Oasis Café, 323 Main Ave., 63
- Culebra Meat Market, 2800 Culebra Rd., 59
Didn't find the score you're looking for? Check out more restaurant scores by clicking here .
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.