The San Antonio Metropolitan Health District's scoring of food establishments is based on a 100-point demerit system.
The inspection reports, which establishments are required to post in public view, feature a number score at the top and bottom of the front page. A separate placard with the number score and a letter grade (example: 100/A) is also available upon request from the food establishment. Posting the placard is voluntary.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
- Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores.
Here are the latest scores:
- Cross Eyed Seagull, 19141 Stone Oak Pkwy., 100
- Paraiso de Mexico, 7222 Blanco Rd., 100
- Jason's Deli, 5819 NW Loop 410, 98
- Wok Inn, 9822 Potranco Rd., 96
- Jamaica Jamaica Cuisine, 2026 Austin Hwy., 95
- Speedy Tacos, 1823 W. Martin St., 95
- Babe's Old Fashioned Food, 9207 Huebner Rd., 92
- Pho Place, 1160 N. 1604 West, 91
- Three Amigos, 303 NW 36th St., 91
- Willie's Grill and Icehouse, 4051 N. FM 1604 West, 91
- Cooter Browns Saloon, 11881 Bandera Rd., 89
- Bite Restaurant, 1012 S. Presa St., 88
- Jack's Bar, 3030 Thousand Oaks, 88
- Mi Tierra Café & Bakery, 218 Produce Row, 81
- Taqueria El Rodeo, 3802 NW Loop 410, 81
- Aka Sam's, 330 E. Grayson St., 79
- Esmerelda's Mexican Restaurant, 8750 S. Presa St., 79
- Z Mediterranean Cuisine, 8132 Fredericksburg Rd., 79
- Pompeii Italian Grill, 16109 Nacogdoches Rd., 77
- Sukeban Sushi and Champagne, 1420 S. Alamo St., 76
- China Harbor Restaurant, 191 SW Military Dr., 75
- Cocula Jalisco Mexican Restaurant, 4849 Roosevelt Ave., 75
Didn't find the score you're looking for? Check out more restaurant scores by clicking here .
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.