The San Antonio Metropolitan Health District's scoring of food establishments is based on a 100-point demerit system.
The inspection reports, which establishments are required to post in public view, feature a number score at the top and bottom of the front page. A separate placard with the number score and a letter grade (example: 100/A) is also available upon request from the food establishment. Posting the placard is voluntary.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
- Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores.
Here are the latest scores:
- Jason's Deli, 25 NE Loop 410, 100
- Outback Steakhouse, 5552 NW Loop 410, 100
- Loncheria El Popo, 6557 San Pedro Ave., 97
- Taco Mania, 3030 NE Loop 410, 97
- Tony's Tacos To Go, 1503 Nogalitos St., 96
- Snowflake Donuts, 9793 Culebra Rd., 93
- Mangos, 747 Isom Rd., 92
- Al Madina Meat Market, 9218 Wurzbach Rd., 90
- Joy Buffet, 5830 Bandera Rd., 90
- Yaya's Thai Restaurant, 8085 Callaghan Rd., 90
- Bar Louie, 22610 U.S. 281 North, 86
- Copper Kitchen, 300 Augusta, 86
- Dos Julios Mexican Restaurant, 2031 McCauley Dr., 85
- Tai Sun Chinese, 1234 SW Military Dr., 84
- Habachi Buffet, 2203 SE Loop 410, 83
- Zinc, 207 N. Presa St., 81
- Bin 555, 511 E. Grayson St., 78
- Highlander Bar & Grill, 5562 Fredericksburg Rd., 78
- Chisme, 2403 N. St. Mary's, 76
- Mustafa Asian & Middle Eastern Grocery, 4081 Medical Dr., 75
- Nao Cia Restaurant, 312 Pearl Pkwy., 74
- Brunswick Thousand Oaks Bowl, 4330 Thousand Oaks, 73
- Blush, 2525 NE Loop 410, 62
- El Tropicana Hotel, 110 Lexington Ave., 59
Didn't find the score you're looking for? Check out more restaurant scores by clicking here .
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.